This is the bloom of my mystery plant.
Monday, May 21, 2012
- Feed flowering shrubs and roses with a rose fertilizer to promote flowering.
- Weed carefully to avoid damage to nearby plants.
- Buy bedding plants and plant out after the last frost.
- Plant hanging baskets and summer pots outside when all risk of frost is past.
- Plant out half-hardy and tender bedding plants after the last frost.
- Prune late spring-flowering shrubs and climbers after they have bloomed.
- Trim vigorously growing hedges, like privet.
- Remove suckers from roses.
- Tie in climbers regularly to their supports.
- Divide congested clumps of primulas and irises after they have flowered.
- Continue to take softwood cuttings.
- Mow lawns regularly and lower the blades.
- Water new plants in dry spells.
This list was found in Learn to Garden: A Practical Introduction to Gardening. I did modify the list a little.